Re: [Fwd: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Attn Ian: re LIstbook in gnuMed 'terry']

From: Hilmar Berger
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Attn Ian: re LIstbook in gnuMed 'terry']
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 21:36:56 +0100

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 21:54:47 +1100
catmat <address@hidden> wrote:
> Also go to
> DB:CURRENT_USER_CURRENT_WINDOW/terry_layout/plugins
> and replace the list of gmGP modules with the 2 lines:-
>
> Gnumed.wxpython.gmDemographics.Demographics
> Gnumed.wxpython.gui.gmConfigRegistry.gmConfigEditorPanel

Instead of calling gmConfigEditorPanel directly you could as well write a
wrapper class for Richard Space (or any other space that wants a panel instead
of a notebook plugin.

e.g.

Gnumed.wxpython.gui.gmConfigRegistry.Setup (where Setup is a specialized class
returning a panel)

> 4. In order to get RichardSpace to get the config editor to work as well,
> the constructor
>
>   should have a default 2 parameter definition, so that in
>
> class gmConfigEditorPanel(wxPanel, gmRegetMixin.cRegetOnPaintMixin):
>       def __init__(self, parent, aUser,aWorkplace, plugin = 1):
>               wxPanel.__init__(self, parent, -1)
>               gmRegetMixin.cRegetOnPaintMixin.__init__(self)

Well , gmConfigEditorPanel is an rather internal class that never was supposed
to be called from outside the module.
I agree that your solution would be the easiest way. However, I introduced
these parameters to be able to set user/workplace to arbitrary values. That way
an administrator could lateron use this panel to edit setup options other than
his own without loggin in as a new user. Right now it allows for passing a
workplace name when running this plugin outside gnumed (e.g. if you have to
repair the setup when gnumed doesn't start up).

I suggest that we have a separate class returning the panel RichardSpace needs.
If you don't object I will implement this class using the code you suggested
above.

Hilmar