Re: [Fwd: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Attn Ian: re LIstbook in gnuMed 'terry']

From: Richard Terry
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Attn Ian: re LIstbook in gnuMed 'terry']
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 08:14:22 +1100

I see, you are talking about general program configuration not just which
modules to load

As you know there are  any number of ways to do this, but it is a large enough
problem to need much more than one screen. The KDE config program is a good
example of one method - the tree control on the left, each with suboptions,
clicking on which changes the panel on the right.

In windows they tend to use the 'control panel' like concept of multiple
icons, or tab control with multiple cross/backgrounded tabs, but personally,
as long as it is intelligible and dressed up enough to be simple for the
user, I think the sort of config style window like KDE/ like the existing
gnuMed config is better (though I find the existing gnuMed one confusing as
to where to find things - and it certainly is a sysadmin config tool, not
user config tool).

Regards

Richard

Is this what you mean.