Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: [Fwd: Re: Attn Ian: re LIstbook in gnuMed 'terry'

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: [Fwd: Re: Attn Ian: re LIstbook in gnuMed 'terry']
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 15:24:56 +0100 (MET)

> > I apologize for being a bit too open about code critiques,
> Personally, I don't mind. Most of the time when you directly
> questioned the quality of a piece of code (not the concept of
> why it is there at all) you had found a bug. Why would we not
> want to know that ?
I fully agree.

> > to make me look more amatuer about getting things to work e.g. I used
> sql to
> > update the cfg_string between status_quo and terry ,
> There's nothing amateurish about getting this done at the SQL level !
I wonder if my statement caused the confusion. I was trying to say that SQL
is to advanced for the average user and Syan had a point there if it took
SQL for him to get things done. Well I thought that was obvious and no user
will/should be bothered in a release anyway so I could just as well have
skipped the whole statement. My bad.

Sebastian

*
* help solving the protein folding problem
foldingathome.stanford.edu
*
* sign the linux driver petion :
http://www.libranet.com/petition.html
*

DSL Komplett von GMX +++ Supergünstig und stressfrei einsteigen!
AKTION "Kein Einrichtungspreis" nutzen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl