Re: [Gnumed-devel] installation binaries

From: J Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] installation binaries
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 08:01:42 -0800

At 11:37 AM +0100 3/18/05, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
for Gnumed 0.1 I would like to make a good
impression. BitRock would really help.

They do say they provide free licenses for Open Source projects here:
http://www.bitrock.com/products_installbuilder_buy.html

Mac is maybe less an issue for now, as I have understand wxWidgets (2.4 anyway) not to adequately support Macs for what GNUMed needs. However it will be nice to have an installer solution that CAN support Macs and it at least sounds *possible* with BitRock
(at their page http://www.bitrock.com/products_installbuilder_competitive.html
under the section "Platform" they list for "Mac OS"... "Ask Us"...
I have asked them for some information on this.)

Whether or not the installer is open source should not IMO be a reason prompt extended discussion and/or delay GNUMed being made available. (I got the impression BitRock's product might even *be* open source but if that is wrong doesn't really matter).