Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gnumed, GNUmed, GNUMed

From: Tim Churches
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gnumed, GNUmed, GNUMed
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 07:43:12 +1100

J Busser wrote:
> At 9:28 PM +1100 3/18/05, Tim Churches wrote:
>
>> either GNUmed or GNUMed. I like the former. Looks nicer.
>

> I am OK with GNUmed if that is most preferred

I asked my 10 year old what he thought of GNUMed first, and he asked
"What does GNUM mean?"  - in other words, he interpreted GNUMed as the
past participle of a verb GNUM. When I showed him GNUmed he got the idea
that it was really two words, and I was able to show him this page in
response to the inevitable question:
http://home.vicnet.net.au/~neils/africa/gnu.htm at which point he said
'Oh, GNUmed must be medicine for sick kalabaw' (kalabaw=Tagalog for
water buffalo, and "meds" is Filipino-English as used by his mother to
refer to medicines).

Tim C