Re: [Gnumed-devel] artwork handling

From: J Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] artwork handling
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 17:20:35 -0800

Sorry, some clarification needed.

With images, do we have to contend with the *image* format and the *file* format as well as whether or not a file may contain multiple images?

Do the same questions need to be addressed for both artwork and actual patient-related images? IS the difference only a question of whether the image information is stored (patient-related images in clinical tables, other images in non-clinical tables).

Can the tables for both needs (clinical and nonclinical) be identified for this thread, to assist the wiki?

Any media is proposed to be centrally stored in the existing CVS folder "artwork"

In what form... that us one of the questions, yes?
- original image and file format?
- original image format, but imported into a python file (?) - is that what is done by img2py or does this change the image format (or both)
- other?

Once they are there, we will need to either
- use a tool able to display content of a *.py file for files that handle multiple images
the "tool able to display content of a *.py file " - does a suitable one exist?
the word "handles" in "files that handle multiple images" - it means "contains"?

or
- handle known graphics types directly.

Do wxwidgets, wxpython, python and Postgres permit this?