Re: [Gnumed-devel] making money from GNUmed

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] making money from GNUmed
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 17:26:28 +0100

> What I will sell maybe is binary packages made from this script. What are
> your opinions on that ?
So you are selling an "install service". I don't see a problem
with that. Note that you need to be very precise about what
you sell. Since you cannot sell people licenses to use GNUmed
(they already have that) you cannot limit how many instances
they install and run. Meaning, apparently, you cannot force
them to buy one binary installer per machine they install.

> I would appreciate any input. Before you start to rage. I am not keeping
> anything from anyone. Everything you need to do what I do is available from
> the Internet.
Nice but the license does not even force you to do so, I
think.