Re: [Gnumed-devel] making money from GNUmed

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] making money from GNUmed
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 04:02:20 +0100 (MET)

> > What I will sell maybe is binary packages made from this script. What
> are
> > your opinions on that ?
> So you are selling an "install service". I don't see a problem
> with that. Note that you need to be very precise about what
> you sell. Since you cannot sell people licenses to use GNUmed
> (they already have that) you cannot limit how many instances
> they install and run. Meaning, apparently, you cannot force
> them to buy one binary installer per machine they install.
Let me ask some questions before any of this is out in the wild. This is a
grey zone I guess. Are you saying that there is no way to sell multiple
licenses of the installer ? Can it be compared to boxed Linux distributions
? The minute you buy one box you can install it on as many boxes as you like
? Can one package be restricted to one company/person or can it be passed on
?

Note. I am asking this for clarification. You did not loose me to
unrestricted commercilization of GNUmed.

Sebastian

> > I would appreciate any input. Before you start to rage. I am not keeping
> > anything from anyone. Everything you need to do what I do is available
> from
> > the Internet.
> Nice but the license does not even force you to do so, I
> think.
>
> Karsten
> --
> GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
> E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346

*
* help solving the protein folding problem
foldingathome.stanford.edu
*
* sign the linux driver petion :
http://www.libranet.com/petition.html
*

Handyrechnung zu hoch? Tipp: SMS und MMS mit GMX
Seien Sie so frei: Alle Infos unter http://www.gmx.net/de/go/freesms