Re: [Gnumed-devel] talkback client

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] talkback client
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 07:33:11 +0100 (MET)

> On Fri, Mar 25, 2005 at 07:38:20PM +0100, Hilbert, Sebastian wrote:
>
> > > if an exception kills the client you'll drop into the talkback
> > what do you mean by you will drop. does it start some GUI ?
> > Can this be tested e.g a test exception :-)
> Sure, either run --debug --talkback or run --talkback and
> write some rubbish somewhere after the talkback was
> initialized.
>
> > > gnumed/client/wxpython/gmTalkback.py
> > >
> > needs fixing. BTW this fix does ! work with 2.4.
> Which one ?
>
> > I know this because we have
> > had issues like those before for wxMAC (which always was 2.5)
> Yep, that was the same issue. AFAIR we ended up IFDEFing
> wxMAC, though, didn't we ?
We did not I think because last time you choose not to change the syntax
like below. I think it is save to change the syntax.

> > > Python support, sends to address@hidden, just fired off a
> > > test mail to that address
> > what I am asking here is. Is some sort of setup needed (smtp server)
> because
> > you could use it to send spam mail, can't you ?
> uhm, like, you need to have standard email running somewhere
> on your system, no different from any other MUA then
That was exactly my question. What is meant by standard e-mail ?
I don't have sendmail or fetchmail configured. I use kmail and I think it
takes care of what it takes to send mail because I have to specify an smtp
server inside kmail. So if I only have kmail set up does the talkback client
know how to send an e-mail ? It does not know about my mail account at my
provider , does it ? Does it have to know ? Maybe silly questions but  I
need to learn more about it to understand it.

> BTW, I tried both Add((20, 20), ...) and Add(wxSize(), ...)
> and both do work in 2.4.
>
> So, if someone wants to step up and fix all the Add(w, h, ...)
> lines into Add((w, h), ...) because wx2.5 complains - go ahead.

Yes. Anyone ? No , wait not anyone ! You, yes you ! Not Karsten :-) You, the
guy/girl reading this email :-).

Ok, have fun,
Sebastian

*
* help solving the protein folding problem
foldingathome.stanford.edu
*
* sign the linux driver petion :
http://www.libranet.com/petition.html