[Gnumed-devel] talkback client

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] talkback client
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 17:56:28 +0800

Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> However, it does not allow them to see what is sent which is not good.

> Ah, so then you don't have standard e-mail set up on *your*
> system. Standard e-mail in a UNIX environment means there's a
> demon listening on port smtp (25, I think) that knows how to
> deal with e-mail.
I confess, I don't having anything listening on 127.0.0.1:25 either.

In my referrals module I fired up the user's favourite e-mail client via
os.spawn ()
(using a config option for the command), have a look at business/gmForms.py
Could we use the same code?
this would also allow users to edit the outgoing text, or cancel the
transmission.

> GNUmed starts up ok. If I provide  --layout terry or --layout status_quo in
> the script GNUmed stops with this message:
--layout is a little more powerful than that, it takes the
"fully-qualified" name of the class to put in the main frame.

--layout Gnumed.wxpython.gmDemographics.cDemographicPanel

would put cDemographicPanel in the main panel. This is so
you can launch from the command-line (using a wrapper script presumably)
the widgets as stand-alone apps.

> > gmI8N will have to be modified to use ugettext() instead of
> > gettext(). It ain't entirely trivial but perfectly doable IMO.
> >
> Ah. ok. I take it it is more than just replcaing the string gettext() with
> ugettext().

Main problem, it commits us all to 2.5.......

Ian