[Gnumed-devel] Regarding the meeting with Vicente Ferrer Fundation (Indi

From: Carlos Moro
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Regarding the meeting with Vicente Ferrer Fundation (India's project)
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 13:35:03 +0200

Hello all,

Sorry for being late in reporting about the meeting. It took place on Wednesday evening. There were one spanish GP doctor that coordinates the Foundation's sanitary projects and the hospital manager in charge of three hospitals in Anantapur, which the Foundation collaborates with.

I make a speech introducing GNUmed, based on the document commented in previous mails. Then we enjoyed GNUmed living, explaining that GNUmed really could do much more, that the backend was quite complete, mature and functional, the middleware in an enough advanced status and a lot of work was actually in progress on the GUI for the 'three layers' to be sewn up and joint.

They appeared very interested and impressed with the project. They explained that had been also developing by their own a health care information system for three years and had one person full time dedicated. It was a shame that person was not here so we could have talked much in deeper about their system, what modules and database schema is working on, etc...

They took the introductory document with them and will send their IT person in India next week. I will communicate and encourage him to join to gnumed-devel mailing list so all together can analyze the possibilities and usefulnes of GNUmed (or at least some of our plugins) for their needs. Probably, they might find interesting combining both systems in any way (hospital management - GP, combining the use of their functional modules with GNUmed plugins they have not implementation for, etc...).

I will communicate every notice as soon as they happend.

Good work all of you, fellows, let's go on! ;)
Best regards,
carlos

--
GPG key ID FA50E162 @ random.sks.keyserver.penguin.de
ECBD 59FE 1A50 630E DF7A  4AF2 E410 83FB FA50 E162