Re: [Gnumed-devel] wells score - how to store it ?

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] wells score - how to store it ?
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 16:05:03 +0200

> > > I think that nailed it down. Scores are processed test
> > > results. Period.
> > Sounds good.
> > How do we maintain the link between the lab_result item and the form
> > instance
> > containing the individual score answers used to calculate the score?
I was thinking:

One test_result (not lab_result) row per score test item.

Add a table "score" that acts pretty much like a lab_request
table except that a) it doesn't make the test_result a
lab_result and b) it has other fields. That table would
aggregate the test items into the score.

It *may* then be possible to "calculate" the score itself in a
view :-)   Eg provide a field "textual_score" and
"numerical_score" filled in by some view level SQL magic...

The other approach would be to generate the "textual_score"
by processing a form_template.

>> Or is the fact that they are linked to the same episode sufficient?
Nope. Think of several assessments of GCS during one episode
or even one encounter which is not unlikely. Explicit
aggregation of test_result rows into a "score" row makes the
time frame arbitrary.