Re: [Gnumed-devel] wiki - need to register

From: J Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] wiki - need to register
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 22:18:00 -0700

At 6:07 AM +0200 4/15/05, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
I got some user feedback from German doctors.
One thing they say is that in order to view Wiki content they have to
register. I remember this was the case for some browsers only , right ?
Does anyone care to investigate this any further since they told me they did
not like that and turned away. If it is in the Wiki already forgive my
ignorance. It still needs to be solved.

It is a problem experienced by users of Gecko-engine based browsers (Konqueror, Safari).

I lacked the ability to try to fix it myself but I copy here what I could find from one of two references. The first reference includes some of the initial observations of trouble, plus a suggested fix, which apparently worked for some people but may not be guaranteed. The second reference contains a related or additional problem area whose resolution is unclear but might inform the issues:

Here is the suggested fix (Carlos? David Grant? - can you implement?)

   1. Make sure you have empty.css attached to PatternSkin topic.
   2. Add the following two lines to "Pattern Skin Settings" section of TWikiPreferences:

      * Set USERLAYOUTURL = %PUBURL%/%TWIKIWEB%/PatternSkin/empty.css
      * Set USERSTYLEURL = %PUBURL%/%TWIKIWEB%/PatternSkin/empty.css