Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: [Gnumed-update] Added cIdentity.link_address meth

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: [Gnumed-update] Added cIdentity.link_address method
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 15:52:03 +0200

> >What's wrong with
> >    gmPerson.add_subtable ('comms', {'medium':,, 'url':,,,})
>
> I'm sorry, it's my fault, I didn't know the generic API O:). Those
> gmPerson.link_XXX aren't but merely wrappers around the sql string, so I
> can put hands on replacing them by using the add_subtable method....
Well, personally I think the _subtables infrastructure is
pretty fragile in it's use (BTW, I am not entirely satisfied
with the level of fragility regarding the whole business object
API either). However, since I did not write it and also cannot
find substantial faults with it and also Ian was using it
already in his demographics code I wasn't going to mess with
it. However, I was neither going to actively recommend it.