Re: [Gnumed-devel] More info on segfaulting on startup.

From: Syan Tan
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] More info on segfaulting on startup.
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 22:42:20 +0800

On Sun Apr 24 22:15 , Karsten Hilbert  sent:

>On Sun, Apr 24, 2005 at 07:57:54PM +0800, address@hidden wrote:
>
>> I was able to install the backend using the
>> ../test-area/cygwin/install_schema.sh
>> , but am still having difficulty with redo-max.sh
>Pray tell what exactly !?! Have you tried redo-public.sh which
>is in use way more often ?
it's my pg_hba.conf file.
if make local connections for all databases by all users including postgres ,
authorization method by md5 hashing of password,
it works.
 Previously I had postgres user using "ident same user" for all databases,
md5 for gnumed for all users, and ident same user for all databases ( hoping
that the preceding declaration about gnumed would not be overwritten, which
it probably was).
It looks like if postgres , and all other users including gm-dbo has md5
access to template1 and gnumed, then the script will work.

If it's possible, perhaps have the script offer to write the correct pg_hba.conf
file, if given the base directory of the postgres data ?
Or better yet, try to get it to check the pg_hba.conf file so that it will
classify why the script might not work, and inform the user, requesting
to overwrite the pg_hba.conf file ( after shutting down the postgres database).