[Gnumed-devel] Article about FOSS in the Health System - Why Free Softwa

From: Michael Bonert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Article about FOSS in the Health System - Why Free Software is the Future
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 03:26:03 -0400

Hi,

I've been meaning to get back into GNUmed... but I've been really busy with
school.  Any case, I recently somehow found the time to write an article for the
University of Toronto Medical Journal (UTMJ) -- http://www.utmj.org -- about
FOSS (Free and Open Source Software).

The article is focused on the Canadian situation (so OSCAR McMaster --
http://www.oscarmcmaster.org/ -- gets the attention)-- but it does (of course)
mention GNUmed. :) I think the article will be of interest to most here and I
hope it will be a useful resource for any one working toward drawing greater
attention to FOSS use in health information systems.

A direct link to the article is as follows:
http://www.utmj.org/issues/82.3/Technology_Review__82-3-202.pdf

Take Care,
Michael