Re: [Gnumed-devel] Prescription printing in arbitrary countries and serv

From: Adrian Midgley
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Prescription printing in arbitrary countries and services.
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 19:31:56 +0100

On Mon, 2005-05-30 at 09:08 +0200, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> Same in Germany. What do you call that form ? We call it
> "Rezept".

FP10 for NHS prescriptions.

> > > One reason for
> > > keeping the actual text with the form instance is that users
> > > may well edit the drug name right before printing

> > Ouch.  This would be specifically forbidden in the UK, under
> > requirements for accreditation (compliance testing).
> So the requirements pretty much dictate use of a database.
> Which is fine. I was also referring to free-text entries for
> items that happen to be missing in the database. One day we
> would write them in one way the next day we would use a
> different spelling/abbreviation. I have seen that in practice
> many times. Also, as Jim pointed out, legalese may require us
> to be able to say: This is what was printed on the form.

OK, I have a very easy approach to that, which is that I inserted
several dummy entries into the prescription database.
eg Dressing
   Extemporaneous preparation
   Device
   Needle, hypodermic, size and nature

We then use the next line down on the prescription to provide free text
details of that.

All the lines get saved in teh prescription history (which is in another
table.)

> - user selected a reprint of a previous form instance
>
> The last bullet may actually be a shortcut: The user wants to
> repeat an entire previous description and simply selects it
> for adjusted reprint.

yes.  Works fine.

--
Adrian Midgley <address@hidden>