Re: [Gnumed-devel] address@hidden: Archetypes: Medication order, risks a

From: E Dodd
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] address@hidden: Archetypes: Medication order, risks and goals]
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 20:28:22 +1000

On Wed, 1 Jun 2005 18:26, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> > It is not complete and needs more work, but has many of the features of
> > a medication order that are required in the health system. This is not a
> > prescription (which is a set of medication orders) - all this
>
>   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> > information relates to a single order. It deals with the workflow and
> > includes dispensing and administration.
> >
> > The model describes the activity (details of the medication in this
> > case, and how to administer it) and the work flow steps that might be
> > recorded. It is worth noting that only the name of the medication is
> > mandatory! This deals with existing systems.

I cannot agree with Sam's idea
checking a few online dictionaries I find that drug, form and instructions for
administration are all part of a prescription

the prescription refers to a single medication order

i think that he is quite confused between the *prescription form* and the
data, because as we discussed a form can contain up to three items in most
jurisdictions.
Liz

--
Rule of Creative Research: