Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed summer programming and google sponsor

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed summer programming and google sponsor
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 13:27:57 +0200

On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 09:19:20PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

>   i) who is in a position to serve as mentor
Going by the mentoring FAQ I think either you, Sebastian, or
Richard, or Hilmar (or Horst but I'm sure he lacks time) would be
suitable. I (and the list as a whole) will help with any
coding-related problem that come up.

>  ii) what project "part" might we most like to have moved forward
IMO a first forms handling implementation would work.

A first prescribing solution *might* be too big - up to the applicant.

Building up a documented release *infrastructure* and working
on RPMs/DEBs/TGZs would be another project.

Handling lab (eg for the anticoag clinic) might well turn out
to work, too.

> iii) which student type(s) we might most like to attract
Frankly I don't care. Good candidates are hard to find. They
turn out to come from places no one expected to find them.

> - do we have among current gnumed developers anyone with student
> status who would be interested in being supported by the google
> Summer of Code?
- Sebastian
- Carlos