Re: [Gnumed-devel] Problems with add patient

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Problems with add patient
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 01:14:04 +0200

On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 08:47:55AM +1000, Richard wrote:

> perhaps cutting to 150msec may be better. Using MS access in VB the 300msec
> is
> fine, but with querying the client-server database as opposed to a local db
> may be the difference.
May well be.

> Can you set it at 150msec and let me know.
Done. There may be places where it's still slow: Those may
have set an explicit timeout. If you find any tell me and I'll
set them up. Also, we may be be able to get below a certain
minimum time (I mean, returning a set of data from a database
*does* take *some* time - although we don't make the roundtrip
to the database for all the phrasewheels, some gain speed be
pre-loading the list).

> I guess this should be user configurable anyway.
Surely. The code to do so is there. It's just not done yet.

> BTW, Carlos mentioned the STATE stuff. I did do the demographic AU import on
> setting up, but still can't add a STATE.
Wait, let's check... OK, the SQL does contain states for AU.
That still means you cannot ADD a state. You can only select
one from the list.

What's the exact error/faulty behaviour you are seeing ?

You are working against your local database I assume ? (which
is fine)