Re: [Gnumed-devel] Couple of questions re running in 2.6

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Couple of questions re running in 2.6
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 16:38:51 +0200

On Thursday 16 June 2005 09:50, Richard Terry wrote:
> Karsten et al,
>
> I've just changed hard drives and have nothing on it than 2.6.1.0 wxPython,
> Postgres 8.x etc
>
> Q: Is GNUMed now meant to run under 2.6? If so, there is heaps not working
> eg I can't search for patients (just locks up - I'll try and look at that
> tomorrow). For example much of the sizer code in some modules is old (I've
> quickly fixed that in pregcalc and BMIcalc so at least they run. Also
> presumabley because the window style is set to 'mystyle', whatever that is,
> there is not close button on those frames.
>
> Regards
>
> richard
Q:see above
A: yes and no. This depends on what you mean by 'is it meant to'.  Ideally it
is meant to run under 2.6 and 2.4 or vice versa. Yaeh right, you say. Here is
the deal. Right now only few peolpe look at it. Some of the use 2.6 others
use 2.4. I am on 2.5.3 and Kasten is on 2.4. So there is a good chance both
version will be supported properly. Right now we concentrate on 6 modules.
Look a the release plan for version 0.1 If we can make sure these 6 modules
work with 2.4 and 2.6 I have reached my short term goal.

Did you miss the announcement that we will use 2.6 only from now on ? No you
didn't. There was no such announcement and there is no plan to do so in the
immediate future.

Since 2.6 will be included in most distros soon there will be a good chance
that 2.6 will be the prefered version but auntil then 2.4 is standard.

You can make the difference. If you want you can be the one who assures that
everything that works in 2.6 and 2.4 will be converted to 2.6 style soon.

I am talking about version 0.1 only. This is what we focus on.

Sebastian