Re: [Gnumed-devel] re gnu argus postgres port

From: Tim Churches
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] re gnu argus postgres port
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 03:56:54 +1000

Syan Tan wrote:
> On Fri Jun 17  3:37 , Tim Churches  sent:
>>What about the dependencies on teh HeSA (rainbow?) PKI libraries? How
>>did you work around those? Or do you have the libraries?
>
> So these libraries cannot be redistributed in a binary package , or as
> third party libraries in a open source package?

I think that can be redistributed as a thord-party package, don't know
for sure, but someone else said they were difficult to obtain. However,
the real problem is that they lock Argus into supporting teh HeSA PKI
only, which is a shame, because the HeSA PKI has many long-unaddressed
administrative deficiencies in the way it is set up and operated. And
there is no reason why other PKIs (either X.509 or GPG-based) should be
excluded from using Argus.

Tim C