[Gnumed-devel] Drugref & the PDAs (?)

From: Michael Bonert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Drugref & the PDAs (?)
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 00:44:23 -0400

Has there been any consideration to make a (stand-alone) PDA version of drug
ref?

I've been looking around for Rx software for my PDA (as I'm starting clerkship
in a short time).  There is one free program-- but it tracks what Rx you look-up
(not good-- IMHO).  I don't know if this is pipe dream... but I think it would
be great if a Drug Ref version could be spun together for the PDA.  Advantage
is... I think it would drive up usage of Drug Ref (and eventually
contributions)... as PDAs with med students/residents (here) are ubiquitous.
Also, I think the med student/resident demographic is a group to tap into and
convert to the cause.  They tend to be more tech savvy than the older docs and
don't have the $$$ to buy the commercial stuff.  Just my $0.02.

Take Care,
Michael