Re: [Gnumed-devel] New Zealand's Intrahealth

From: Tim Churches
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] New Zealand's Intrahealth
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 16:20:08 +1000

J Busser wrote:
> This product has been demonstrated to administrative and IT leaders
> among health region and hospital administration and I am told has piqued
> their interest.
>
> Does anyone know it well enough to have insight into any Achilles
> heel(s) that it might have, as far as serving doctors well as an EMR (I
> mean over and above my presumption that it's a lock-in license paradigm):
>
> http://intrahealth.co.nz/index.html

Haven't heard much about it - not very many installations (if any) here
in Oz. I'll post your question on teh local GPCG mailing list.

According to:

Didham R, Martin I, Wood R, Harrison K. Information Technology systems
in general practice medicine in New Zealand. New Zealand Medical Journal
2004;117(1198).

the NZ GP info system market in 2004 was approximately:

MedTech 32 (60%), Intrahealth Profile (12%) and Houston GP (8.9%)

Medtech32 is quite widely used here in Oz, but stil a long, long way
behind the market leader, Medical Director.

Tim C