Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gnumed on Windows Xp

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gnumed on Windows Xp
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 16:30:36 +0200

On Thursday 21 July 2005 23:34, Hilmar Berger wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> yesterday I tested the Gnumed-package on WinXP. I installed all required
> software packages as specified in the Wiki. It doesn't crash (that's the
> good news) and seems to do what it should, i.e. get the data from backend.
> However, there are massive problems when updating the notebook pages
> (branches of trees are not shown etc., pages are not updated correctly
> after switching tabs). Additionally, after selecting a patient Python uses
> about 100% CPU, while gnumed continues to work (you can switch tabs and
> they still work).
We are working on it. I ahve no idea how to fix this right now. Log file is
inconclusive to me. Looks like a screen redraw problem.

> I wondered why gnumed on Windows uses wxWidgets2.6 when we usually use
> wx2.4. That way it's difficult to say if this behavour is cause by bugs or
> incompatibilities with Windows or with wxWidgets2.6.
You can use 2.4. I changed that part in the wiki. It doesn't seem to make a
difference.

> If you are interested in log files feel free to ask.
Thanks for offering. An unnamed contributor provided me with some spare
hardware so I actually have dedicated GNUmed testing box for Windows.

Sebastian
--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany