Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gnumed on Windows Xp

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gnumed on Windows Xp
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 01:48:31 +0200

Hi Tim,

thanks for testing.

> I installed the GNUme 0.1 clinet on WinXP with wxPython 2.4 and Python
> 2.3 and the other recommended libraries. I had to edit gnumed.bat to
> chnage the path tot he fiels to "C:\program Files\GNUmed-client" -
> "Program Files" is the default installation path on all English language
> versions of Windows.
Good to know. We might have to provide English and German
installers. Anyone care to help out here ? OTOH I expected
the NSI installer to know about such stuff...

> The client then appeared (eventually) but I was unable to view any
> existing patients (none offered)
What do you mean by "offered" ?

> and was unable to add any new patients
> because it kept saying that DOB had to be in YY-MM-DD format - no matter
> what date format I tried, same error message.
Did you try YYYY-MM-DD, too ?

> It wouldn't let me change
> to any other tab without a patient record loaded.
That's intentional. The config tab should have worked,
however.

> The BMI and EDC tools worked but didn't print out.
But did they calculate correctly ?

> Sorry if the above seems negative,
No problem. This is 0.1.

> Oh, the error messages kept telling me to look in teh logs. Where are
> they being written?
GNUmed tells you where the log is being written to when it
starts up. One of the next versions will have an "Help"
"System Information" screen telling you such things.