Re: [Gnumed-devel] further testing / bugs

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] further testing / bugs
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 20:40:33 +0200

On Sun, Aug 07, 2005 at 07:36:27PM +0200, Hilmar Berger wrote:

> > Another error I encountered is some strange behaviour
> > when adding a health issue to an new patient (try: create a
> > patient, go to the EMR-tree, add a health issue -> exception
> > is thrown).

> Looks like this very error was fixed while I was writing this email by
> Karsten. I need to test it again, though.

I sincerely hope it is fixed. Mathematically I don't feel I
can ascertain it's gone. I have, however, dramatically
shortened the window in which it might occur -- IF my theory
on how it comes about is correct.

The fact that apparently you were able to expose it using
one client only while I only ever encountered it using two
clients working on the same patient somewhat bolsters my
theory of unfortunate timing during concurrent operations
triggered by backend updates.

At the end of the day I have a nagging feeling that the root
of the evil is non-locking access to middleware variables ...