Re: [Gnumed-devel] further testing / bugs

From: ihaywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] further testing / bugs
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 19:42:03 +0800

Quoting Hilmar Berger <address@hidden>:

> At the beginning we should bring up a list of topics (past/current history,
> prescription, lab etc.) and create pages for those in the wiki. Then we
> should try to fill these pages with requierements (task for non-coders).
> These should be discussed until we have a model the majority can agree on
> (with must-have and nice-to-have requirements). Then we can try translate
> these in a design (UI, backend). Here Richard would be of great value. These
> design documents should be discussed and agreed upon again (finalized). Then
> actual coders can start there work (of course they will help earlier in
> creating prototypes).
This has been our problem since the earliest days, apparently a "proper"
set of requirements exists, in German. Richard has published good descriptions
of
his VB client, but they are not (quite) detailed enough to code from
(the coder is forced to infer some aspects behaviour) but at the same time too
strict from a structural perspective
(wxPython (by design) doesn't let you control widget appearance as easily as VB)

Another problem is we often simply don't agree on some functional aspects.
For example Richard and I find the episode-issue-problem-encounter system too
complex, we would be happy with a flat set of time-ordered progress notes
for 1.0, let alone 0.1.

The wiki should also include a (techically-oriented) page on how data makes its
way from a backend table to the widget and back, to make sure all coders are
singing from the same songsheet.

Ian