[Gnumed-devel] conference report

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] conference report
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 12:50:17 +0200

crowd : 8
talks : 3

Overall an interesting and fun day. By releasing version 0.1 of GNUmed has
reached and important milestone. This serves as a stable base for future
releases. According to the head developers a lot of code for future is there
already. It needs to be polished and stabilized.

If you ask me the most suprising moment was Karsten's live demo of GNUmed. He
simulated a patient encounter and documented it in GNUmed. A lot of smart
features showed up I did not even know about. Pretty amazing.

Most of the people there were stunned by context dependent popup, edit areas,
phrasewheels and self learning input fields.

We all agreed that GNUmed would benefit from recording a demo session. It was
noted that GNU/Linux seems to lack the tools to do so. Any hints ?

Due to Ian Haywoods's presence many aspects of australian requirements for a
GNUmed deployment were discussed.

Apart from developer talk business aspects were discussed as well. The
attending business people were on the look for a way to make money off of
GNUmed. Which is legitimate if you ask me.

It was noted that the GNUmed project itself will always be free and
independent. Business peolple may benefit from GNUmed by charging for
services they provide.

Developer shortage has not been discussed to much this time. I guess we all
know what the situation is and can pretty much cope with the current flow of
development.

plan: attend Linux conference and demo GNUmed again
hack more code, rule the world

If you ask me GNUmed is in pretty good shape. Documentation is there as well.
Features need to be documented.

Hope to see more of you guys at our next conference,
Sebastian

--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany