Re: [Gnumed-devel] Opening the debate re moving to 2.6 again

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Opening the debate re moving to 2.6 again
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 17:26:17 +1000

On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 16:45, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
> 2.6.1 does not easily compile
> Debian Sarge,

I have no trouble whatsoever compiling it on Sarge, but it is also available
as "unofficial" Debian package, and well maintained by the guys behind aMule:

deb http://www.vollstreckernet.de/debian/ testing wx
deb http://www.vollstreckernet.de/debian/ stable wx

2.5.3. is part of the Ubuntu universe, and only a matter of weeks until it is
replaced by 2.6.1 too

On SuSE, you should have no problems rebuilding from rpm src.

There are so many improvements (and bug fixes) in 2.6.1, I certainly wouldn't
touch the old 2.4 any more for my own work.

Horst