Re: [Gnumed-devel] Opening the debate re moving to 2.6 again

From: Richard Terry
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Opening the debate re moving to 2.6 again
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 19:51:39 +1000

On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 06:29 pm, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
> On Monday 05 September 2005 09:57, Richard Terry wrote:
> > I suspect it is not as difficult as that. Ask Horst - Horst are you there
> > to comment as I'm sure he is on Debian and using 2.6.
>
> If there are debs out there maybe Karsten can make a decision based on that
> fact. If not tough luck.

'IF NOT TOUGH LUCK'

Therein lies the attitude which remains at the root of the problems with
GNUMed development.

Surely the whole project can't rise and fall on whether or not it suits
yourself and Karsten?

 This is meant to be a group project, not one purely for your benefit. If you
have to run under 2.4 so be it, but let (and help) the project move on.

You can leave your 2.4 installation intact, and build 2.6 on your machine
according to the instructions on the wxpython site and use this sort of
script in a terminal to point to your 2.x environment. Until I abandoned 2.4
I could be running gnuMed under both 2.4 and 2.x concurrently.

export PATH=$PATH:/opt/wx/2.5.4.1/bin
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/wx/2.5.4.1/lib
export WXDIR=/usr/src/wxPython-src-2.5.4.1/
export PYTHONPATH=$WXDIR/wxPython
export PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:$WXDIR/wxPython/demo
export PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:$WXDIR/wxPython/wx
export PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:$WXDIR/wxPython/wx/tools

Regards

Richard