Re: [Gnumed-devel] Phrase wheel use and the progress notes

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Phrase wheel use and the progress notes
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 18:16:19 +0200

On Mon, Sep 05, 2005 at 07:44:55PM +1000, Richard wrote:

> I seem to remember you saying that the phrase wheel was operational in the
> progress notes section
If I said that it was in error. (Oh, wait, it works in the
first line, the episode name choser which is about to be
removed.) The phrase wheel is functional in the demographics
section. However, the *code* to activate it is certainly
already existing in the progress notes section, too:

 gmResizingWidgets.cResizingSTC._on_timer_fired()

> - it doesn't seem to work in mine (? a 2.6 thing).
Not a 2.6 thing. It is not working in mine either ATM.

> I enclose a png's from my 2.6. client gui  as to how I'd expect it to popup
> which I'm sure is how you understand it as well.
I agree.

> If it is popping up in yours, is it also learning and pulling back user
> defined phrases?
If it was active it would be learning. It would be
"learning" any phrase the user ever typed into the medical
record or any patient. The intelligence of how smart the
matches are lies entirely in the SQL driving the matcher.

I am very interested in making this functional. It is not
entirely trivial, however.