Re: [Gnumed-devel] EMR journal ordering on same day

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] EMR journal ordering on same day
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 00:31:50 +0200

On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 08:00:19AM +1000, Richard wrote:

>>> Could I suggest that it include the time of consultation as per example
>>> from my EMR dump to distinguish the various consultations from the same
>>> day.
>> The tree widget already does.
I will install wx2.6 sometime within the next 3 weeks. From
then on I will make sure the tree widget also works on 2.6.
Nevertheless the formatting of progress notes is useful to
either viewer

>> Which time(s) would you want to display and where ?
This question still stands regardless of how things are
formatted. We've got lots of times to chose from:

- when the encounter/episode row was created
- when the first item for the encounter/episode was created
- respective for the last
- each of the above (each and every single clinical item has
  its own last_modified time)

> I started doing this inbetween patients yesterday - I've put in a html
> control
> and have got it running with dummy html data when you run the
> gmEMRJournal.py. I've put it in table format with a column for the
> date/data/consultation summary (your episode name maybe).
Wait, if we do it we'll have to do it Right right from the
beginning: I won't be working on any HTML template that can
not represent several episodes per encounter nicely
separated. Yes, there is room for a consultation summary but
it is different from the episode name. In the least
intelligent case it can simply be a concatenation of the
relevant episode names which in the simplest (and quite
common) case is just one episode name.

> Now I've got to try
> and link it to real data - I'll fiddle over the next two or three weeks
> before I go on holidays and mail you the resul.
Good. I am looking forward to that and will surely strongly
consider it for inclusion. Notice, however, that I will not
consider for inclusion anything that is not able to
distinguish several episodes per encounter (eg per
consultation). But you knew that and you did not intend any
different, I suppose.

> > > Also, I've previously commented on the lack of visual updating of the
> > > screen.
> > I know. I have previously commented that I seemed to be
> > unable to solve that. Hilmar solved it for wx2.4. Maybe
> > someone is able to solve it for 2.6, too.
> Ok, if I know its a bug I'll maybe look at it.
It's definitely a bug in my code !!!

> > > Note also that if one tries to 'reload' the same patients notes, that
> > > nothing happens - try loading kirk's notes, then erase his name, and type
> > > it in again and hit enter.
> > I know. That's intentional :-)  Once the above bug has been
> > fixed it'll make more sense. However, we can make it a
> > config option, too, if you think so.
> Yes
OK, will work on that shortly. However, what is your use
case or which problem do you hope to solve by it ? I don't
see one.