Re: [Gnumed-devel] quick look at html progress notes

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] quick look at html progress notes
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 00:54:58 +0200

On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 08:16:37PM +1000, Richard wrote:

> I had a fiddle before going home tonight and attach a quickn dirty picture of
> html progress notes for Capt Kirk.
I like this alot. Note that this works so well because
currently there's only one episode relevant to any given
encounter. We do need to support an arbitrary number of them
per encounter.

> Certainly looks nicer than text, columns aren't quite correc size, nor is the
> line spacing, mm.... I'll have to learn some better html.
Looking forward to that ! Combined with the "templating"
mentioned by Horst and Sebastian we'll really get this to
rock !

> Karsten, you know how we mentioned in a previous mail about enforcing a
> 'consultation summary', I've include a right hand column for that.
Yep. I understand the design idea. This is where we would
put clin_encounter.description.

> Also, see the second piccie - notice that the line 'patient request' which is
> at the top of the SoAp notes entry, ends up down the bottom of the
> subjective.
How are you getting the data from the database ? It is very
likely to have to do with the SQL (eg it's doing an "order
by" that you don't expect it to do).

> Also, how come it puts in the auto-created wording??
That's how the v_emr_journal view renders
clin_encounter.description :-)   And this database field is
set to "auto-created at such-and-such" by default ...

The idea would be to set clin_encounter.description to a
concatenation of episode.description where pk_encounter =
a_given_encounter_pk. This would do for automated
consultation summaries which could later be made editable
and even be forced upon the user modally as you suggest. I
have added a TODO item.