[Gnumed-devel] Knoppix Live CD

From: J Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Knoppix Live CD
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 13:29:36 -0700

Copied to the list...

There are two links provided on the wiki but the second is broken, shall I remove it (I tried ftp instead of http but was told I didn't have permission to open the page).

      ftp://pi24.theoinf.tu-ilmenau.de/pub/medica.iso
      http://bosko.orgatech.de/medica.iso

Also what version GNUmed is the above Knoppix, is it version 0.1?

Can it be used by people running either either Windows or Linux *provided* their machine uses an Intel-compatible processor? And can it be *any* intel-compatible processor?

I have not bothered to download the whole ISO file... will it have adequate instructions? Has anyone tried it?

Right now, the links that are provided on the wiki link directly to the image which begins downloading, so I am thinking it is better to provide at least a minimum of information what it means for a user to download a Knoppix CD and what they will need to do, once they are done for example burning it to a CD with whatever is a utility that comes with Windows or other recommended utility. Also when rebooting, how to force the computer to boot from CD if it will not happen automatically.