Re: [Gnumed-devel] errr..... whats CVS HEAD

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] errr..... whats CVS HEAD
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 00:40:54 +0200

A few weeks back Karsten "tagged" version 0.1 in CVS. What does it mean.
CVS is a tree. It has branches. Or better can have. Our first branch was named
rel-01. So what does this mean.

If you just keep updating the CVS like you always do you will update the HEAD
of your CVS copy. None of the side branches. So when you work with this copy
you can develop new features without breaking the code of version 0.1.
Because version 0.1 lives in a separate branch.

If you however want to fix a bug in version 0.1 (branch) you have to check out
this branch first into a separate directory.

Sebastian