Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed 0.1 on Windows XP

From: J Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed 0.1 on Windows XP
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 18:43:10 -0700

At 12:48 AM +0200 9/14/05, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
On Tuesday 13 September 2005 20:58, J Busser wrote:
 > Performance from Canada connecting to Salaam (Spain)
 > ... I noticed in the log that it "retrieved the EMR" in 15 seconds yet it
 > took 83 seconds to display. Is that because...

1st. We have a big problem with WIndows regarding display updating. This needs
to be fixed. We all know this. Noone seems to have the time and/or skills to
do it. Certainly not me before my finals.

etc
etc

If no-one objects, I was thinking to post parts of this reply to the wiki, so that anyone who uses Windows, and who very much wants to "look" at GNUmed, can know that its performance on Windows is presently much inferior, and gives a downward-biased view of GNUmed's current state.

They can know that it is much better if
a) they can try to examine it under Linux (this is where the Knoppix could come in really handy) b) if support is provided by the community to help get the Windows "problems" dealt with