Re: [Gnumed-devel] emrjounalplugin.py comments further html work

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] emrjounalplugin.py comments further html work
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 16:45:35 +0200

On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 07:15:01AM +0000, Horst Herb wrote:

> > Anyhow I could be open to a backend that supports those who want to
> > do the extra work of splitting *but* can this also accommodate the
> > single-SOAP per visit design?
Yes ! Simply always use the same episode. And do not attach
that episode to any health issue.

If one *really* cared one could even write a plugin (or
frontend) that also *hides* the fact that the episode/issue
structure is largely ignored. The backend surely does not
care.

> I believe both concepts have their merits, and both will find their "lovers"
> depending on the respective work flow and work environment. Gnumed should be
> flexible enough to accommodate both.
Precisely, and therefor it needs to be structured enough to
be able to store structured notes but allow unstructured
notes to be stored in that structure.

It does exactly allow this right now (the backend). I fail
to see how it does not.