Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: releaseTodo (was roadmap tidying)

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: releaseTodo (was roadmap tidying)
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 09:33:18 +0200

On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 10:26:02AM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> > >     * state : collect interested countries from
> >> users to add them in sql files; add default state
> >> for every country (?)
> >users did not respond, default state still missing
>
> Ahh... have you assigned one for Germany?
Nope. For Germany we, of course, know all the states. No
dummy state needed.

> For Canada, we can set "BC" :-)
We do have all Canadian states. No dummies.

> but in terms of how this default will work, will it assert itself
> only at startup (i.e. at first use within client session) or will it
> be asserted for *every* patient created from that installation?
It will be the only selectable state for countries where we
don't have the real states/provinces/... in the backend.

Setting a default country/state etc is another (useful) matter.