Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed-mini

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed-mini
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 18:26:36 +1000

Karsten Hilbert wrote:

>>How does this allow for creating widgets from non-wx-Core
>>GUI classes ? Say I wrote a dedicated progress note
>>notebook, how can I use it in wxGlade ?
wxGlade can be told to use a descendant class when generating
code for a given widget. So in wxGlade you would see an ordinary wxNotebook,
but when you run the code you get your customised descendant.

IMHO we should have some mix-in classes which make wxGlade-generated UI class
work with the business layer.
For example, you could pass a business object to the constructor of a
wxDialogue,
it matches the business object attributes to the widget resource names and
loads/saves
data appropriately, so (theoretically) you could have a working widget with no
lines
of GUI code. Of course most of the time the descendant will need to override and
do a bit extra where there isn't 1:1 correspondence between business class
attributes and on-screen widgets.

Ian