Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed install made easy - maybe

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed install made easy - maybe
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 23:17:22 +0000

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 18:11, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
> Maybe you are right. Sounds good to me but that doesn't mean it make much
> sense. Sure one could and should hire a professional to install GNUmed.
> It's just my quest for users which makes me dream of the world's easiest
> installer. Fortunately you, Tim and Karsten bring me back to earth in no
> time.

Just stay up there a little longer - I absolutely love klik!
I remember well how I struggled compiling the early betas of OO2
One day I wondered what this "klik" bookmark in my Firfox browser was, that
came pre-installed in Kanotix (my favourite Debian based distro)
Ten minutes (!!!) later I was running OO.

I find the concept wonderful. While I still install applications I use daily
the traditional way, I now always look for a klik package first if I want to
try out something

Horst