Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed install made easy - maybe

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed install made easy - maybe
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 22:00:44 +0000

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 13:52, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> > Just stay up there a little longer - I absolutely love klik!

> > I find the concept wonderful.
>
> Please klik this to boost your performance:
>
>  klick://somewhere-nice.org/lose-all-your-files.elf

same as deb ftp://somewhere-nice.org/ ...
or rpm -i lose-all-your-files.elf ...

It doesn't really differ from any other type of binary download in terms of
security. If you don't trust the source, don't do it.

But since the majority of users are installing software on single user
systems, it might even have a slight advantage by installing in user space as
that user - in the very worst case, you lose the contents of your home
directory, but not more

Horst