Re: [Gnumed-devel] emrjounalplugin.py comments further html work

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] emrjounalplugin.py comments further html work
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 12:34:57 +0200

On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 10:59:33PM +0000, Horst Herb wrote:

> If you look at the minignumed snapshot in the attachment, you see a composite
> widget for progress notes:
> - left upper corner a list of currently active problems, allowing to add
> problems, allowing selection of multiple problems to be tagged for any one
> progress note
> - left lower corner a progress note tree allowing to quickly browse through
> past consultations sorted by either problem or date
> - right lower corner displaying selected past progress notes
> - right upper corner allowing to compose the current free text progress note
>
> Not implemented yet, but planned: rich key macros inserting structured data
> into the database (e.g. BP, temperature, diagnosis), colour coding in thetext
> what has been correctly parsed and saved
None of this (apart from the multiple problem tagging of a
progress note) is made impossible at all by the current
backend schema. I fail to see the reason to start over.

> Screen update is always instantaneous, no perceivable delay. Initial load
> even with 200 past progress notes still perceived as instant with zero delay
> (local network).
Same here with GNUmed.

> Until the end of the progress notes I don't have to use the
> mouse at all, prescription dialog etc. triggered by key macros
> (e.g. !rx[enter] pops up the prescription dialog, !rx amox[enter] pops up the
> prescription dialog with drugs starting with Amox* already preselected)
Any of this is possible with GNUmed. It's just that there
isn't anyone yet implementing it, as usual.

It sounds useful to write a frontend like Horst's to talk to
the existing database.