Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: releaseTodo (was roadmap tidying)

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: releaseTodo (was roadmap tidying)
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 12:00:43 +0200

On Sat, Sep 17, 2005 at 08:23:50AM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> I now understand that you meant a default for situations where it was
> unknown whether the bootstrap set contained the universe of states
> for particular countries.
In particular for countries for which the backend does not
contain *any* state...

> So maybe in that case the default should be "xxxdefaultxxx". Or blank
> spaces? I thought about "??" as a means to suggest to a user that it
> may need to be filled in however there had been earlier agreement to
> respect the possibility of it being confused with programming syntax.
Correct. I have been thinking about simply adding a state
called "unknown state/province/territory" to the backend -
not even providing a translation so people really get hit
over the head when using countries that don't yet have state
information.

Actually, I do have a file listing states for many
countries. It's just a task for someone with a little time
on their hands (say, 3-5 hours) to make those suitable for
import into GNUmed. Anyone interested ? This isn't hard.