Re: [Gnumed-devel] clin_encounter.fk_provider

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] clin_encounter.fk_provider
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 10:55:07 +0200

On Sat, Sep 24, 2005 at 03:54:48PM +1000, Ian Haywood wrote:

> Removing this field breaks the scripts, like so:
Strange, I had checked all the places where either
fk_provider or pk_provider show up including the frontend
code. I thought I fixed all of them. I am currently
re-checking whether I missed any. - seems clean as of now

> This has me compeletely stumped: I've no idea where else fk_provider would go.
It does not really need to go anywhere. I removed it for now
until we hit the use case. The data entry user is logged for
all data anyways. clin_encounter.fk_provider is not
appointment.with_whom either. Probably the real value of it
will appear once we implement (HIPAA-compliant ?) "treatment
teams" when it might become fk_treatment_team. It was not
used in current GNUmed code. We can always re-add it later
without too much trouble if needed.