[Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed needs your help

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed needs your help
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 22:21:06 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

I'm afraid of the effect that other practice management systems
are drawing many developers on their side just because they make
much noise.
MySQL + PHP

No need to say more.

This is a quite egocentric approach.  The same is valid for exactly
the same reason for the tools used.  Observe the general MySQL hype
compared to other DBs.  I'm currently suffering from the decision of
people in our institute who are complete Linux newbees but have the
power to decide the distribution we will use in the future (SuSE).
The same people will decide for MySQL and PHP once it will come to
the tools we will use and will ignore other experiences.

So, you need to say more for your target audience ...

Kind regards

          Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de