Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed needs your help

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed needs your help
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 15:09:33 +0200

On Friday 30 September 2005 09:02, address@hidden wrote:
> address@hidden:~$ sudo apt-get install gnumed-common
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree... Done
> or been moved out of Incoming.
>
> Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely likely that
> the package is simply not installable and a bug report against
> that package should be filed.

>   gnumed-common: Depends: python (< 2.4) but 2.4.1-0ubuntu2 is to be
> installed E: Broken packages
>

> Andreas,
> firstly thank you very much for your packaging work.
> It will make a lot of difference to my efforts in AU.
>
> But, please remove the python < 2.4 restriction. CVS runs on 2.4 with no
> problems.
Andreas,

What is the exact python dependency you put in ?
From what I read it is x < 2.4. I have no idea of how dependecies are handled
but isn't it possible to say x </= 2.4. I mean less or equal to 2.4. Or does
Debian/Ubuntu really force dependencies down to 2.4.1 which means the
packager needs to rebuild packages every time the minor number changes.

Best regards,
Sebastian