Re: [Gnumed-devel] Barcode printing

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Barcode printing
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 09:20:16 +1000

On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 08:55, Ian Haywood wrote:
> More generally, it's been our plan for a while to use LaTeX for printing
> complex forms. This is probably overkill for a small dedicated
> barcode-printer, but if you're printing A4 or near-A4 path requests it's
> worth a look. Working code exists at
> gnumed/gnumed/client/business/gmForms.py.

I have finally got the wx printing routines to work properly under 2.6.1 -
positions accurately by the millimeter on all printers I have, allows
programmatic selection of printers and trays etc. - so I am abandoning my
Postscript escapade provided it works the same on Windows and Macs (only
tested on Linux)

Horst