Re: [Gnumed-devel] Barcode printing

From: ihaywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Barcode printing
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 15:38:43 +0800

Quoting Sebastian Hilbert <address@hidden>:

> Yes. Both ways are possible. I thought of a drag and drop interface which
> displays thumbnails of each page and lets you create stacks of paper.
Cool.
> The auto seperation process with marker pages is another option since our
> workflow allows us to create the stack without too much extra effort for
> sticking the pages inbetween.
>
> We differentiate between newly arriving documents and archival of whole
> patient charts. First one is done on the fly while patient comes in. Second
> one is extra work. The three step workflow of the document archive doesn't
> cater for the first case very well. So I will change the interface for
> scanning in new reports.
Ah! Now I understand why you guys didn't care about tracking.
Needless to say, it's imperative new correspondence documents be tracked.
> Don't know exactly how but if the document archive
> gets called from a patient window inside GNUmed I would present the compact
> two step (scan/index,view) interface.
Personally I would like gnumed client to respond to X drag-and-drop events
(of any object, but presumably imagefiles most of the time) and pop-up
a dialog to add to (by default) the current patient and basic metadata
(document type, title &c)

Also a "Same as previous" button to same the image as a subsequent page of
the previous scanned in object.

Obviously this won't work for bulk scanning, it's more for on-the -spot stuff.

Ian