[Gnumed-devel] How to limit SPAM on our project lists

From: Dr Busser's Office
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] How to limit SPAM on our project lists
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 23:18:52 -0700

If this makes it onto our list, it will mean our  -devel and -update
lists are both "public" making us too vulnerable to spammers.

Sebastian has pointed out much spam on the -update list, yet I cannot
access administration for it... I am guessing my email address has not
yet been registered there i.e. that you registered it *only* on the
-devel list.

*Horst*,  can you

1) add my @telus address (same as for gnumed-devel) to administration
for "-update" and "-announce" on the following lists:
    http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/admin/gnumed-update/
    http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/admin/gnumed-announce/

2) tell me, do I require a different passwords than for the "-devel" list?

3) help me find Mailman's "open/closed" toggle to change the posting
policy to "closed"? I want to deny non-members the ability to post, but
cannot anywhere on the -devel list find the control, unless it is
obtusely achieved by changing the following to "No"?

    Advertise this list when people ask what lists are on this machine?
    (e.g. at http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/admin/gnumed-devel/privacy)